Ductile Iron Piles
DuroTerra™ is rethinking traditional deep foundation solutions to offer cost and schedule savings using Ductile Iron Piles for many situations. We provide our customers with the latest in advanced Ductile Iron Pile products, technical guidance and installation support.
Ductile Iron Piles are a pre-fabricated driven pile system, utilizing high-strength ductile iron pipes manufactured using a centrifugal-casting process. They are a low-vibration, cost-effective alternative to conventional pile systems, including micropiles, helical piles, driven piles, augercast piles, and drilled shafts.
See the full line of Ductile Iron Pile materials and accessories.
What are the best uses of Ductile Iron Piles? We have the expertise.
View our case studies to see how DIPs overcome many project challenges.
When should I use Ductile Iron Piles?
If your project has:
- Tight access, limited laydown area or variable grades
- Low overhead clearance restrictions (18 feet and above)
- Building additions
- Deep bearing layers that result in pile splicing or slow pile installation
If you are considering these techniques for your project:
- Helical piles
- Short piles where installation vibrations, speed or project site constraints or size makes a good fit
- Long piles where elimination of splicing or working with small sections maximizes the benefit.
You encounter one or more of the following challenges:
- Poor soil conditions – deep soft soils, fills and/or organics
- Vibration sensitivity
- Adjacent structures
- Difficult access and constrained sites
- Low overhead
- Variable grades